Fraz. Dzovennoz - 11010 Bionaz (AO)
Tel: 0165/730959 - Fax: 0165/730249
Librarian: Ingrid GEORGE
After its opening in 1979 and several moves, the municipal library is located now in the building of the former elementary and nursery schools, in Dzovennoz.
In the course of years the increase of the documentary patrimony has been steady and has made the organization of the facilities better and better.
At present, the library offers to residents and tourists:
Anybody can subscribe to the library, upon production of a valid identity document and consent of parents for the under age. Subscription, borrowing and consultation are free, while you are expected to pay for the copies of documents.
- a room for children, with books for young readers, from cardboard volumes with little windows for the little ones to texts useful for researches without neglecting fiction for those who have already discovered the pleasure of reading;
- a hall for adults, with a rich collection of essays and fiction and the local section, with material relating to the Valley of Aosta;
- borrowing and/or consulting documents, or asking for documents kept in other libraries of the Aosta Valley Library System, through the interlibrary borrowing;
- help with the research of material and information;
- free access to the web, upon production of a valid identity document and consent of parents for the under age;
- the organization of several courses, excursions, conferences, activities for children, trips and shows for the spreading of culture in the widest meaning of the word.